OT US guy who got depapped.

I saw the full video today, made me sick, most horendous thing i had ever seen, and i had thought i had seen it all.........

much worse than you could imagine, hope they get the people who did it. pure terror for him

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

"JULIAN HALES" a écrit dans le message de news: 5aNoc.28573$ snipped-for-privacy@pathologist.blueyonder.net...

Ditto! Personally I found the sound more traumatizing than the images themselves. Anyone who ever saw (and heard) a pig being slaughtered will know what I mean......

-- Pierre-Henri Baras ___________________________ French Fleet Air Arm

de l'Aviation
"Un rugbyman qui réfléchit c'est déjà dix mètres de perdu..."

Reply to
Pierre-Henri Baras

People have been asking why a beheading?

The victim was Jewish. Jewish tradition calls for an intact body to be buried.

Let's remember our noble leader's numerous comments that we are not at war with Islam.

Somebody needs to tell the that.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Which was precisely what the Saudis wanted. It helped prevent any "Cultural contamination" infecting their well cowed peasants.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yeah - the main point being that while we may not be "fighting a religion", we are most definitely fighting a culture...which is probably more difficult.

Reply to
Rufus

Oddly enough, it wasn't on US TV stations. Seems they're preoccupied with stressing how evil American soldiers are. Can't upset the Muslims by showing *their* bad guys, you know.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"Al Superczynski" wrote

Right. The American public has a right to see the "horrific", "appalling", and "disgusting" images of US soldiers "torturing" (which are always noted as being "particularly offensive to muslims"), while simultaneously needing to be protected from the "disturbing" images of Americans being burned, beheaded, and dragged.

Just wondering, has the "no-spin" Fox News shown the prison images, Fallujah, and Berg films unedited? That would be useful "reporting" to let us "decide".

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Ron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com:

Nah, sterilize it with napalm.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Dear Ron

Please stop being so logical.

JJ (UK)

Reply to
JJ-UK

This will probably go down in history as a clean war. I have never seen so much human suffering and horrifying images in the last year, peaking the last 2 weeks. I dare not image what a dirty one will be like....

What a terrible mess we humans make of it when two groups both believe they are right. We never learn, do we?

Pete.

Reply to
Klaas

if such things are shown "over there" and they are de-sensitized to it...maybe we should be too,if we are going to win this thing...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

It also might convince a lot of people that whatever "Humiliation" was being meted out to Saddam's boys in that prison was mild by comparison and there for not the "heinous crime" that we are being told it is. That wouldn't fit the liberal's propaganda line. As I understand it most of what is being handed out to the Iraqi prisoners was psychological, not corporal. It sounds like there was a calculated attempt to use their religious prejudices against them. No rubber hose beatings or electric shocks, but strip them naked in front of a woman. Mild stuff compared to what they have been handing out to our people.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

War is not pretty. It's the act of bringing as much death and destruction on one's enemy before he brings it on you. It's not supposed to be clean.

It's brutal, horrible, cruel, dirty muddy, bloody and deadly and it's supposed to be. If it were clean and neat and sanitary (an old Star Trek episode comes to mind), it would be just too easy to start and there would be little reason to stop.

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

People need to be more upset and less shocked.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

There was a radio station in LA that played the entirety of the audio all day...

Reply to
Rufus

is this a stick up?

Reply to