OT - Usenet Access?

e wrote: [SNIP]

No doubt true, but there may be teeming millions who worry about their ISP deciding to dump Usenet, and all these services are useful.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

John DeBoo

Reply to
John DeBoo

Well, hello again everyone - as Andrew states (and Comcast techs concur) Outlook Express is Comcast's chosen vehicle for accessing Usenet. This is new to me, coming up from Netscape and then Thunderbird. I'll still toy with them as I prefer their interface as well as all the bad press I've read on Outlook puts me off it... With that, I'd like to say 'Thanks' to the folks who've advised me and guided me through this rough time with no access to you. I'm better now... ;-)

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

My folks have Comcast as their ISP - I turned them on to Netscape a couple years ago and they both love it.

Don't let your ISP dictate what you choose to use...the "S" is supposed to stand for "Service".

Reply to
Rufus

always welcome to ask. i do.

I have comcast, and use Thunderbird with them under Mac OS 10, Linux in several versions, and under windows.

Again, Thunderbird works well with comcast.

Reply to
AM