OT: USS Liberty Incident

Ok, so what ? We whacked 290 people it's actually nothing compared to european standards, they died fairly quickly even :)

Meanwhile in france...... 10,000+ die in heat wave because of (and besides) poor planning. Most of their families were on vacation !!! A lot of these people suffered terribly while their families were out having fun ! Shame they don't think their elderly would like to have fun with them too....... Shame not more of them decided to check up their parents more often as well. Now who is paying the bill for this one, where are the lawsuits ??

That's the ugly truth, face up to it.

Reply to
AM

It would be interesting to clock how fast it would take that ship to hit the ocean floor after it did that :)

Reply to
AM

Because he's an anonymous twerp and his country's "hands" are probably soaked in blood, oil and dirty money?

Reply to
Ron

Nope. Carlson argues from a vantage point afforded by 20/20 hindsight. The Gulf at that time WAS a war zone whether he chooses to recognize it as one or not. Reagan sent the fleet into the Gulf to prevent the Iraqis and Iranians from allowing their private little bloodbath to spill out into the Gulf and into the path of third party shipping. Reagan took a lot of heat for it at the time (Bob Dole even crawled up his ass as I recall), but looking back at what Saddam had in store for Kuwait and Saudi Arabia a few years later, history shows Reagan had his finger on the right spot on the map.

As for the loss of the Iranian airliner, entirely regrettable but largely inevitable in the wake of ongoing Iranian hostility and the 1987 Stark incident as has been pointed out ad nauseum since 1988. For me the credentials of the fallen 37 crewman and survivors aboard the USS Stark are far weightier than those of your errant skipper.

WmB

WmB

(BS part of post snipped - OH, there was nothing else left)

I sense much anger, Obi-Wan. The dark side is strong in this one.

Youre arguments are weak and repetitive. I would think that if you truly were an attorney as you claim (a claim I seriously doubt), your language and sentence structure would be better. Also, you would be able to express your points much more effectively and professionally without having to resort to the constant use of profane expletives. Further, you have not been able to progress your argument past your initial statements and keep repeating the same guano when asked for further clarification. If this is all you have in the way of evidence, my advice to you would be to take a good dump, take your Thorazine, and go back to whatever halfway house I'm thinking you walked away from.

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

I couldn't have said it any better.

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

Oh well, then I guess 3000 killed in WTC isn't really a big deal either - by European standards, of course. . .

Reply to
Thelasian

Its kinda amazing how some of these discussions follow what the pscyhologists call COGNITIVE DISSONANCE models almost perfectly.

So after denial, afer downplaying etc. we now get to the "go away I don't want to hear it" psychological defense.

Anyway, FYI the discussion about the vincennes started without me.

Reply to
Thelasian

Based on increasing news reports, you are right. Just another reason to question (Western) Europe's reliability as "allies."

Reply to
SamVanga

yeah, lets build huge walls, declare a 200 mile off-shore limit, end any immagration and trade and aim nukes at everyone. that will show 'em.

Reply to
someone

Certainly better than just stnading around playing "Switch" the way so many self-proclaimed "liberals" prefer.

Reply to
SamVanga