OT: What vehicles did the National Guard bring to Telegraph Avenue in Berkeley during the 'Nam Protests?

Anyone know what they brought up to fend off the riots?

I remember my parents not letting my brother go up to see the protests as "there were tanks in the streets" Were there?

Was thinking of doing a little local history military modeling on this rainy Bay Area day.

thx all - Craig

Reply to
crw59

I think that I remember armored cars and maybe a Chaffee or two?

Anybody who can clearly remember those days probably wasn't there. :-)

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

On Dec 29, 3:31=A0pm, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote:> Anyone know what they brought up to fend off the riots?> > I remember my parents not letting my brother go up to see the protests>

as "there were tanks in the streets" =A0 Were there?> > Was thinking of doing a little local history military modeling on this> rainy Bay Area day.> > thx all - CraigI forgot a footnote that fits here:Jerry Smith, one of the founders and principal's of the Free Speach Movement later became the editor and entire staff of Modeler's Journal, an early desk top publishing effort. He eventually went to work for (IIRC) US Army Logistical Command in Oakland. Eventually he moved to Grass Valley and spent time in Germany. Some of his color chart books were superb, even by today's standards.Anybody know what eventually happened to him?Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

So the guy is taking paint chips off the National Guard vehicles during the protest...

Now THAT'S free speech!

Reply to
dancho