OT: Why do wives always respond this way?

so this morning at 8am I went to the Guitar Center and came home with a Fender electric guitar and bass.

Needless to say the response was not 100% postive since I have learned how to play the acoustic I bought a few months ago. (I play the sax)

I figure I shot my wad with this one in regards to comments on what she may buy, but that metallic red guitar sure looks cool in the front room!

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Rock on...

Reply to
Rufus

It is probably nothing more than repressed anger; brought back to the surface by the appearance of the guitar. You mentioned that you played the saxophone. Eeeewwwwww. In high school...didn't guys like me constantly remind you that the *cool* guys played trumpet or trombone??

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

saxophones are better than obo's, an ill woodwind that no one blows well.

And my wife doesn't understand why I won't sell my '72 Les Paul LN12 (190W,

300RMS, 2 Utah 12" horns w/4 12" Altecs) that has been sitting for 20 yrs.

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEatt.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

I still actually pick up my '78 Les Paul Custom from time to time. It's the '79 Explorer that has a tendancy to sit...that, my bass, and the rest of my recording gear...

...but they ain't goin' nowhere.

Reply to
Rufus

So true....I *never* knew a male "oboe-ist" who would *not* fit right in with the zit-faced, pocket-protector-equipped, Dungeons and Dragons crowd...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Neither is my Tele once owned by Danny Gatton :) (and heavily modified by him)

I play the Les Paul (a The Paul model) the most, the Explorer, and Tele, just hang out :)

Allan

Reply to
AM

Enjoy it Craig,

An ex of mine had same confused look on her face when I went out and bought my 12 String 15 Years ago...she was soon pacified though when she realised I could actually play guitar (she didn't know that until I had bought it and was quite chuffed then !!!)

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Stevens

Been trying to talk myself into a Tele...hmmnnn...birthday in November...

Reply to
Rufus

Play (and sing) one smarmy love song just to her and she will fight anyone to the death who tries to touch that guitar...provided you are any good....and for a woman you don't have to be that good.

Reply to
old hoodoo

must be a sociological treatise in there somewhere.

my old martin d18 sits in the back of the closet with the cordoroy cap and harmonica neck stand.

-just blowin' in the wind.

Now that's one I'd have to pick up and bang some Neil Young out on from time to time...

Reply to
Rufus

My Les Paul is the one in the closet, my Martin is sitting in the living room next to the Stratocaster...

Reply to
Aeropause

How long are you and the guitar planning to sleep together? ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

"Rufus" skrev i en meddelelse news:5OOme.21705$g66.18164@attbi_s71...

You must have a Heart of Gold :-)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Zit-faced is a new phrase to me, but it sounds somewhat derogative, and I have no idea what a pocket protector is. However, I do know the local D&D crowd (something like 18 years of playing the game will do that to you), and given the context, I'd say we have somehow offended you. Care to provide details?

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Not offended at all.

The "pocket protector", popular in the 1970's and 1980's....was a plastic device, worn in the shirt pocket, to prevent the ink from pens, from staining the shirt. It was pretty much a "symbol" of being a "nerd". (And is still part of the cultural lexicon, as such)

The "D&D" crowd, at least here, in that era...was pretty much totally made up of those in the "nerd" group...who *were* zit-faced, and were the types who would plan for *months* for their costumed journey to the next Star Trek convention...lol. They were always the target of practical jokes, as they seemed to *welcome* such. ("Here Pondexter. Someone left this box for you." "Thanks! I guess I will OPEN it!")

And I never encountered male double-reed player...who would ever be mistaken for a *non* nerd...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Never knew you were a Jimmi Hendrix type, Craig!

Cheers from the southland!

John W. Alger IPMS #10906 Charlotte Scale Modelers

Reply to
John Alger