Painting vinyl?

OK... I just got my Atomic City Mercury capsule, and it's everything everyone has said. My main question is; does anyone have any tips on
painting the vinyl astronaut figure? My inclination is to use my Citadel Acrylics (good old Mithril Silver...), but do I need something "hotter" to key into it? What about primer? It's not like I'm going to play with the figure, so it doesn't have to flex repeatedly -- I'd just like the paint to stay on!
Best regards, Matt
Hi Matt, Go to the auto parts store & get a spray can of flexible bumper primer. (brand name does not matter, whatever is local brand will work)this is made for the flexible bumpers on Camaros & similar cars, so it has some bite & flexibility to it, And it can be overcoated by any silver, try metallizer non buffing aluminum for the space suit. Dave

Matt Bacon wrote:

Floquil silver of some shade?..
--
- Rufus

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:51:42 GMT, Matt Bacon

Spray it with acrylic lacquer primer and you can use any kind of paint you want, including enamels.
I use sandable primer from krylon I get it at Wal-mart. I have done many vinyl models with no problem. I would use white. If you don't use the barrier it will remain tacky forever.
Dan