Painting WW2 Japanese Floatplanes

Question for you IJN aircraft experts:

Did the paint applied to Japanese aircraft with faric covering chip and peel the way the paint applied to metal aircraft did?

I've got a Hasegawa 1/72 "Alf" kit-- the biplane float plane carried on cruisers and battleships. It is mostly fabric covered, painted with aluminum dope, I think. If I was to paint it in the standard IJN green over gray, is it appropriate to have a lot of the silver showing through?

TIA,

-Bill

Reply to
RC Boater

Fabric paint does not seem to chip as such, but Japanese military paint seemed to be unable to cope with the Pacific climate. If it is a wartime aircraft, the paint should be faded and bleached. Kim M

Operation American Freedom-Where is our regime change?

Reply to
Royabulgaf