Pan Am Space Clipper from another news group

From: "Pat Flannery" Subject: Pan-Am space clipper model Date: Monday, March 07, 2011 4:03 AM

To go with their new and improved reissue of the Aurora 2001 Moon Bus model, Moebius Models has now issued a new and improved 2001 Pan-Am Space Clipper model:

is supposed to be a lot more accurate to the model used in the movie than either the old Aurora or Airfix kits. The model is available in stores now. The model doesn't have the Pan-Am decals included, but you can get those and some alternate ones (TWA, USAA, NASA, USAF, and Air Force One) here:

's a review of their Moon Bus model BTW:
included alternate windshields that are accurate to the movie one). You can also get super-detailing parts for it:
Lowther came across a color photo of the Moon Bus from the movie showing the interior lit in a blueish light(window filtering?), so you could really detail the inside of it and illuminate it via a blue LED or two:

Pat

Reply to
Val Kraut

You know my wife is going to kill me thanks to this email.....

Reply to
frank

You know my wife is going to kill me thanks to this email.....

After she does, will she hold a yard sale to fund her legal defense, if so where do you live?

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

).

wasn't it originally offered thru some kind of mail order thing? for some reason I remember getting mine for 99 cents or something and it arrived thru the mail back in say 1969.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

ne).

I remember buying mine, not sure what the price was, $2 if that. Rarely was anything over $3 and that included the Revell ships.

Reply to
frank

ne).

I seem to remember getting one via mail.. For some reason, I am thinking it was a cereal box offer?

Reply to
Dean

one).

vie

yeah, that is what keeps coming up with me. box top and toy offers were all over the place in the late 60's.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

BTW:

it:

Young Modelers Club? They sent models once a month, IIRC. Some were Monogram, some Aurora and a few Revell.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller