Pan Am Space Clipper from another news group

Subject: Pan-Am space clipper model Date: Monday, March 07, 2011 4:03 AM
To go with their new and improved reissue of the Aurora 2001 Moon Bus
model, Moebius Models has now issued a new and improved 2001 Pan-Am Space Clipper model: http://culttvman.com/main/?p 924 This is supposed to be a lot more accurate to the model used in the movie than either the old Aurora or Airfix kits. The model is available in stores now. The model doesn't have the Pan-Am decals included, but you can get those and some alternate ones (TWA, USAA, NASA, USAF, and Air Force One) here:
https://www.starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/product/2104/moebius-space-clipper-decal-detail-kit.cfm Here's a review of their Moon Bus model BTW: http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/moe/kit_moe_moonbus.shtml (they included alternate windshields that are accurate to the movie one). You can also get super-detailing parts for it: http://www.starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/product/1838/moon-bus-accurate-interior-for-moebius.cfm http://www.starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID 67 Scott Lowther came across a color photo of the Moon Bus from the movie showing the interior lit in a blueish light(window filtering?), so you could really detail the inside of it and illuminate it via a blue LED or two:
http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/2001glossy1.jpg
Pat

You know my wife is going to kill me thanks to this email.....
You know my wife is going to kill me thanks to this email.....
After she does, will she hold a yard sale to fund her legal defense, if so where do you live?
Val Kraut

wasn't it originally offered thru some kind of mail order thing? for some reason I remember getting mine for 99 cents or something and it arrived thru the mail back in say 1969.
Craig

I remember buying mine, not sure what the price was, $2 if that. Rarely was anything over $3 and that included the Revell ships.

I seem to remember getting one via mail.. For some reason, I am thinking it was a cereal box offer?

yeah, that is what keeps coming up with me. box top and toy offers were all over the place in the late 60's.
Craig
On 3/13/2011 11:16 AM, Musicman59 wrote:

Young Modelers Club? They sent models once a month, IIRC. Some were Monogram, some Aurora and a few Revell.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.