PL NX-01..Bad news...

The theme tune would be one good reason...

I enjoy Enterprise but sometimes it is just too earnest for its own sake. Great FX though.

Stargate SG-1 on the other hand rocks a fat one.

Reply to
Jonathan

What colour did you paint it? My first D-7 from AMT got a coat of Humbrol PRU Blue. It looked pretty good - back then.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Dude, damn, chill out.....

Is your carrier going to turn into a pumpkin if you don't have an NX-01 next to it by March? You got some serious patience and priority problems.

PL has been exceptionally reliable in backing up their promises on new releases. The NX-01 is their first truly BIG model kit and hopefully one of the first in a line of good Star Trek ship kits. If they take some extra time to make sure they get it right, that's fine by me.

Besides, I get the feeling if they rushed it out to meet your timetable and got something wrong, you'd be one of the first on here bitching and pitching a hissy-fit.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

Paramount recently addressed the rumor mongers pushing the idea that "Enterprise" might be cancelled. Aparently it stemmed from an announcement that they were cutting its season from 26 to 24 episodes. Paramount very clearly stated that "Enterprise" is in absolutely no danger of being cancelled and actually anticipated it going at least another season or 2, if not longer if all the cast and production members were happy to stick with it. The episode cuts were to save money.

The other hopeful sign on Star Trek's future was that Paramount has been talking to Gene Roddenberry's son to act as a fan liason and show consultant. Hopefully that might mean the Star Trek AntiChrists, Berman & Braga, may be on their way out.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

Bill,

Working off memory here at the moment, as the model instruction sheet is at work, and I post from here at home. but there are 4 possible versons of the D-7, two as Klingon Battle Cruisers, and two Romulan variants--now, how's that for variety?

The painting instructions, and PL did some serious consulting with both the studio and some serious Star Trek enthusiasts to get color schemes: I used a very, very light grey-green for the Romulan version, while the Klingon Battlecruiser version is in a light grey, with the upper surfaces of the "wings" in a light lavender-grey color. Mixing formulae for the various colors, along with suggested painting diagrams, are on the instruction sheet, called out in Modelmaster flats. The kit will have both a very fine decal sheet for the more experienced, serious modeler, in addition to press-on's for the beginner (both sheets of markings are the same artworks).

Even though I am not, and don't see myself becoming a Star Trek modeler, I found it to be kinda fun cleaning up and painting these two, even though I was working from a pair of 1st round test shots that had been glued up to evaluate parts fit, so some filing and seam filling was indicated. Had a few problems painting them, due to my almost total reliance (I think anyway!) on Modelmaster Acryl flats at my workbench, but that's probably my fault, as I don't very often airbrush this paint line, rather use Acryl by hand to detail out model cars.

Art Anderson

Reply to
EmilA1944

When I did the old Klingon cruiser, I used some pictures from the Star Trek, Smithsonian exhibit to base my color on. It was just like mentioned light grey with upper surfaces a lavender/grey. I think my colors were light ghost grey and Violet grey for upper surfaces, all in the Polly S range

Reply to
Phil Campbell

Their first big model? What about the 29" diameter C-57D? :-) The NX is probably not quite that big, but there's probably more to it.

I will agree about letting them take the time to do a good job. I can wait for quality.

Dom

Reply to
Dominique Durocher

They also did a huge Godzilla kit, or at least the kit box was big. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

damn dino is huge. looks good to. sits right next to my work table.....

Reply to
Craig

believe me the Godilla's huge too

Reply to
Phil Campbell

I'd LOVE to see a dio with that thing and some tall buildings being demolished. Anyone hear any rumors or info as to PL's plans to release any of the bad guy monsters in the same scale??

Reply to
Steve

I knew about the C57 (a beautiful kit) but it is very simple, mostly large flat pieces. I probably should have said the NX-01 was their first large, intricate kit. :-)

With model kits, time is always a good thing. You never want to see these things rushed, on the manufacturer or builder ends.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

It is. For the 50th birthday of one of my best friends, my other best friend and I went in on one of these kits for him. I sprang for the kit, supplies and whatever else was needed to build it, while he built it. (He's built quite a few Godzilla kits, including a little Godzookie in a Graco playpen, complete with toy buildings and planes and a city map covering the bottom of the pen). We customized it for him by making the destroyed building on the base the headquarters for a rather infamous Chicago accounting firm that he had been fired from. The corporate logo was a building front sign, broken in half, with half on the ground, the other in Godzilla's hand.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

Most Star Trek series weren't very good at the beginning, but became better in the later seasons. It would be a shame to stop Enterprise before it even gets that chance. And I still think the first Enterprise season is better than e.g. the first Voyager season.

Reply to
Rolf Magnus

I'm inclined to say that Enterprise was better in its first season than Voyager was in any season. This season really smells as far as I'm concerned.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

PENNSYLVANIA: 7,000 Amishmen Can't Be Wrong!

Reply to
Bill Banaszak