Places to sell completed models?

My father is a fine modelmaker; his commissioned models generally go for five figures. However we have a few models that need to be sold that won't budge. I know that there are collectors that would love to have models of this quality, but we haven't been having any luck.

Does anyone have advice on where to find a buyer? We have it advertised on his website, even tried eBay, but so far noone has gone through with the purchase. If it helps, there are pictures on

Thanks! Andrea

Reply to
redsprite

If you need to sell them, go back to eBay and lower the price. At the moment, eBay is the simplest, least capital-intensive way to reach the largest number of potential buyers. I'm guessing your minimum or reserve is too high to attract enough action. "Well, it won't sell for enough that way." If that's the case, then the market is telling you that you are placing more value on these models than is any willing purchaser.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert