Prices for new kits solution.....

Same here, I wait for the guy who just had to buy the latest and greatest kit at full retail price. When he needs to liquidate the stash for some quick cash, then I buy.

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

I have just ordered a load of 1:48 kits from the Czech Republic. Very good pricing but quality will be interesting as most are short run kits from small manufacturers and others are reissues of old moulds. Quality is secondary to being able to build the a/c in the first place. I have avoided resin kits as I don't get on with CA glue very well. It strikes me that one way to get unusual and rare models is to support the manufacturers of these short run kits. The more they sell the more they would have to spend on quality control and new projects.

Tony

Fairey Battle Fw 56 Stösser Mustang F-51 PZL P.24 C. Turkish AF IMAM Ro 57 bis Bristol Bulldog Avia BH-11 Macchi MC-200

Reply to
Stadia

can you post some pics in the binary group? i would appreciate seeing thebattle, the pzl, the bulldog and the last two.

Reply to
someone

Will do, both as received and once built although the latter will a while. a.b.p.aviation or another group?

T>>Fairey Battle

Reply to
Stadia

how about our group? alt.binaries.models.scale if you don't get that one, you choose, ok?

Reply to
someone

OK, had not been to that group before and got much pleasure on a quick browse. Thanks for the lead.

Reply to
Stadia

suggest you don't top post, some threads here are long and it really screws them up. post like you speak, after someone else, not on top, ok?

someone

OK. I find top posted replies easier to follow as I don't have to scroll through old stuff but will bow to the local convention.

Tony

Reply to
Stadia

thanks, i guess i'm slow.....

Reply to
someone

Smer Avia BH-11? Nice kit but not hi-tech. An experienced builder can bash one into a BH-3 fighter. My Czech pen-pal sent me one about 20 years ago and it's 'almost' finished.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

Yep. is a Smer kit, as are the Bulldog and the Macchi. I have seen bad press on Smer but have never seen a kit. Can't be as bad as the 1:48 Kiwi Wings/Tasman model CAC Boomerang I have in my stash. That one is probably never going to be built due to just plain crap quality.

Tony Car Christchurch New Zealand

Reply to
Stadia

IIRC, I had a Tasman kit too. It was either a CAC Sabre or F-86H and 'rough' was a very apt description.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak