Q:Custom made scale models - prices??

Hi all, I want to surprise my husband . He's in military service ten years now, and for our forthcoming wedding aniversary I'd like to give him a scale model of a modern armour wehicle, or some jet airplane. I've went to store and find some nice boxes, with 1:35 inscription on them. What was it mean ?? More important, I must find someone to build it for me. Therefore, can you guys inform me how much I need to pay for modeler to build one tank with base for me ?? How at all you determine the price for your work ? By complexivity, by hours need to build it, or somehaw else ? I live in Europe. Any help is very appreciated, TIA Angela

Reply to
Angel

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:43:43 +0200, "Angel"

do you really want a custom made kit, or just a really nice model ? As well as possible cost considerations, there is also the time it takes to make up. If you want a specific object (the tank my husband drives, the aircraft Grandpa flew), that may be the only way to go, but for a more generic subject a prebuilt diorama or aircraft may be the way.

Many are available prebuilt, and places ship worldwide. one example is Bad Cat Toys

Have a look through that site and see whether this actually might provide your answer. If so, let us know, and I'm sure the chaps here will chime in with many other sites, some in Europe.

Damian

Reply to
Damian

Reply to