[Q] Top Gun F-14s

I'm interested in putting together a 1/72 or even 1/48 F-14, after watching Top Gun too many times.

Was wondering if anyone has released a movie decal set with "maverick" and "goose" callsign labels, and in addition to that, which version of the F-14 should I be using?

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

Many years ago, Testors released a "Top Gun" set. Came with an F-14, A-4, a carrier & something else, IIRC.

Reply to
famvburg

Top Gun themed kits were released by Airfix in the mid-80's, including Maverick's F-14, Jester's A-4 Skyhawk and the 'Mig-28'. I haven't seen the contents of the boxes, but I assume the decals were the main part of the theming.

See also
for a nicely done pair of Mig-28's and a fun story of how they 'entered service'!

HTH, Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

It should be an F-14A

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

These were also released individually, though to be honest I don't remember a set. The kits a F-14A, an A-4, and a F-5E were all based on Italeri molds and included decals for the planes in the movie. I can't say that I remember the carrier kit either but I do know they did one for the short lived TV series "Supercarrier" that came on the next year. I believe these kits show up pretty often on Ebay and at shows. They are primarily desired for the decals or the box art as the kits aren't that great, with the exception of the F-5.

John Benson ------------------------ IPMS El Paso Web Guy

John Benson

Most definately an F-14A kit.

Reply to