Ques.Academy P47-N

I'm building the Academy P47_N out of the box ( nose art JERRY) The olive drab I can work out and the NMF ,but what shade of yellow was used on this bird? I'm thinking trainer yellow ,but I'm not sure ,could be it chrome yellow . Any on line refs for this particular aircraft?

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I'm building the Academy P47_N out of the box ( nose art JERRY) The olive drab I can work out and the NMF ,but what shade of yellow was used on this bird? I'm thinking trainer yellow ,but I'm not sure ,could be it chrome yellow . Any on line refs for this particular aircraft?

You might want to try Medium Blue, since that's what the 456th FS had as trim, not yellow. As far as shades, barring a contemporary color photo, you use a likely color--some kind of shade that was readily available or easy to mix, instead of some specified shade that wasn't even in theatre. I mean, Marine grays are famous for being mixed up out of black and white, and the unit of mix measure is a coffee cup.

Reply to
tomcervo

Thanks Tom , I was search the web and found a link to the Hi Planes kit in 1/72 ,and it has the correct colour blue.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I'd have to check my reading material, but I'm sure I remember a build of this kit in a mag, and a reference was made to this 'error' in the kit colour instructions as you state.

IIRC, the reviewer stated that the unit did display a yellow tail for a short time, before changing to the blue you refer to.

I'll check my mags, etc, but in the meantime, someone else may know more on this

Reply to
Don Watters