R: OT: Tyrol incident?

While reading the Saab J-29 Article in Volume 13 of "International Air

>Power Review," I came across a cryprtic reference to the "Tyrol >Incident." Apparently this had something to do with Austria deciding to >buy J-29s vice G.91s. Does anyone have any info on this? Was this a >strictly political thing (Austria vs. Italy), or was their some >military issue involved? >TIA

Strictly political. The presence of a strong and vocal Austrian minority in South Tirol (Italy) has been a cause of some attrition in the past, but there has never been anything remotely resembling a military operation.

Ciao Bonehammer

Reply to
Bonehammer