Re: (AIR) Roden 1/32 dr1- Trumpeter 1/144 F-86 ?s

Roden 1/32 dr1
Charles Ryan wrote:

FWIW I suspect this is a mis type and they meant 1/72. Sorry! I'd like a 1/32 scale DR.1 too. Supposedly Hobbycraft is pantographing down their 1/28 kit but you know how Hobbycraft's promises are.
                            Bill Shuey
Nope, he's right.
It is in fact 1/144th scale. I saw them on the shelf at Denbigh Hobby this past Friday.
Springfield OH
Bill says:

and/or
You should perhaps look at Rodens website.
www.rodenplant.com
where you will find that they do indeed intend to release a 1/32 Fokker Dr.1 - announced a week or so ago, as was the upcoming 1/72 Zepellin Staaken
Shane
Springfield OH

Chuck

Well, they already have 3 versions of the D.VII out, and the Viper engined SE-5a is on my workbench at the moment. All are easily the best kits of their subject.
The 1/48 Bristol Fighhter that came out a few weeks ago is also absolutley magnificent.
Shane

http://www.rodenplant.com/IMG/055/055.jpg
Sorely needed! Glad not to have a vac in the pile. Really cool lozenge on that one, anybody ever see the pic of the floatplane? Yeeha!
The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Check out "The German Giants" by Haddow & Grosz for a 3-view of same! I think that its doable....
"The Old Timer" wrote

Or you could wait a couple of months for Roden to announce the floatplane version.
Shane

where is the r plane listed?
"e" wrote

www.rodenplant.com
Go to the in processing page
Shane

thanks

Is that Arms & Armour Press? That's the one I don't have; probably do an ILL. It wouldn't surprise me if Roden issued the float version. I wonder what flying that monster musta been like? Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)

"The German Giants: The Story of the R-Planes" by G.W.Haddow & Peter M. Grosz, Pub. by Funk & Wagnalls, 1962 by arrangement with Putnam & Co. Ltd. My copy is from 1969. I've seen it on eBay from time to time running between $10.00 and $25.00, depending on how the auction is presented. There are 48 3-view drawings, and ~lots~ of photos and desctiptions.

In the words of a local car dealer, "It was HHHHUUUUUUGGGGEEEEE!"
But the one that intrigues me is the Poll Triplane. Imagine an Amerika-Bomber in 1918!
The Old Timer wrote:

FWIW THat was a totally impossible project. At the speed it cruised at the crew would have died of old age before it reached it's target. :-)
                            Bill Shuey

hmmm 90mph? 11 days in the air?

And it was to be a one-way trip. The crew was to drop their bombload on Wall Street or Washington (not too clear, although Washington makes more sense to me) and head to a rendezvous point in the Atlantic to meet up with a sub that would take them back to Germany.

still sounds like a long trip. must have had relief pilots and someplace to rest. i saw a picture of a wooden wheel from it and it was a monster!

I seem to remember that the plane would carry two crews, or at least a double set of pilots and navigators. Looking at the book again, the Poll was dwarfed by the Krupp-Germania seaplane. The Poll's wingspan was to be 165', but the Krupp's was a staggering 978'. Those boys thought BIG.
Another one that I liked was the Linke-Hoffman R.I, done up with a cellophane-like material, trying to make an invisible bomber. That could be interesting, an injection kit with a clear plastic fuselage.
These aircraft have always intrigued me, an old friend's grandfather was on a team at Albatros that designed an R-craft for that company, an engineer named Grohmann.

so what is this new r plane kit? i need to buy that book. i do remember that cello plane. there was also a fighter, wasn't there?