good year for 1/32 scale modellers

Hi Troops:

I keep hearing comments about model building being an aging hobby in terms of it's members. Maybe that's why 1/32 and 1/24 scales are growing more popular, us old farts simply can't see the tiny parts in those 1/72 and 1/48 scale kits anymore. :-) Seriously, this has been a good year for 1/32 scale modellers. I have a

1/32 scale Dauntless on my shelf and this afternoon at the hobby shop I acquired a 1/32 scale Brewster Buffalo F2A-2 and a "High Tech" Polikarpov I-16 type 24. I also hear promises of a Grumman F4F-3 and a Douglas TBD out of China. Last year saw a Dewoitine 520 and a Macchi 200 and several German kits. Life is good!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

where's my vulcan? (and the small fortune, new house and spray gun to paint it? a 1/48 wimpy does do a lot for me. can't wait to build it!

Ah, but now they can make really tiny detail parts for those large models!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yeah...TRumpeter's a got a slew of 'em I'm still waitin' on - that Night Attack AV8B, for instance.

...and I've still got my fingers crossed for them to do a Mig-23, Su-22, and P-61 in 1/32.

Reply to
Rufus

Reply to
Kev

Who makes the Buffalo?

William H. Shuey wrote:

Reply to
frank

A mummy Buffalo and a daddy Buffalo, who love each other very much...

Oh! Er... I see what you mean...

Special Hobby

Enzo Matrix

I agree in part. As an older modeler, I find myself increasingly drawn to large scale models. While I can buy whatever power I need to "see" the parts, my fingers aren't as nimble any more :-)

However, I have also been retired for several years. While I am not poor, I don't have quite as much discrestionary income as when I was still working. Some of those new 1/32 scale kits are priced out of my price range now. Of course, I did all my scratch building in larger scale, and I suspect with model kits rising in price faster than inflation, I will be doing even more scratch building. Basswood is cheap!

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Special Hobby, kit #32010, 1/32 scale Brewster F2A-2 "Yellow Wings"

Bill Shuey

frank wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Special Hobby, kit #32010, 1/32 scale Brewster F2A-2 "Yellow Wings"

Bill Shuey

frank wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Special Hobby, kit #32010, 1/32 scale Brewster F2A-2 "Yellow Wings"

Bill Shuey

frank wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"Special Hobby", kit number 32010, Brewster F2A-2 "Yellow Wings"

Bill Shuey

frank wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I have always been interested in the big models. I guess that was the RC coming out in me. So how was Pit Con. Couldmn't come no money.

Dan Beavers

Reply to
Dan

Danny:

Sorry about the multiple posts above. Penncon was nice but smaller this year than I remember it being in previous years. Only spent about $60.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

"frank" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I'd go for a 1/32 Hawker Hart anytime!!!

Dennis

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

I leave out most of the tiny parts these days, If I can't find them to put them on the model, I sure as hell won't be able to see them on the model.

I can cut out most of the decals too!

Craig

Reply to
crw59

A couple of years ago there was a startup outfit called "Silver Wings" models proposing to do a series of 1/24 scale kits of aircraft of the so called "golden age" period, 1920-1940. Their first announced project was to be a deHavilland DeH-9A. Apparently they found being an entrepreneur was much more complicated than they had anticipated as none of the kits ever showed up. Too bad!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey