Something good for 1/32 scale

Hi Troops:

The nice Fedex man left me my Christmas Present from me yesterday, a package from Squadron. I had noticed something in the last Squadron flyer and spent some $$ to see what it was like. "Scale Aircraft Conversions" is the source for a line of cast pewter landing gear legs for 1/32 scale aircraft. They ain't cheap, but wobbly models could be a thing of the past. Line currently covers about 8 different aircraft; Trumpeter F-105, Revell Heinkel He-162, New mold Hasegawa FW-190, Trumpeter P-38 and P-40, and Hasegawa Ki-84, Bf-109s and the A-4E/F Skyhawk. I bought the Skyhawk, 109, 190, P-40 and Ki-84 sets. Castings look slightly frosted in appearance but should be fine under a coat of paint. Brake lines detail is there, only negative might be that all shock absorbers appear to be at full extension, not compressed. I was impressed by the sturdy metal L.G. in the FM 1/48 Halifax kit and I have always thought that the large 1/48 Monogram kits and Tamiya's Lancaster would benefit from sturdier under pining. Now I am told that Dave Klaus Meteor Productions is marketing a line of metal gear that includes Monogram's B-24. I hope these lines are very successful for both SQuadron and Meteor as they can fill a real need. I have a Monogram B-26 Marauder and it "wobbles".

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey