Re: C 123 Provider

in article 9Jj7b.377$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com, Barry Livingston at snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote on 9/9/03 7:29 AM:

Does anyone know if there is a kit of the C 123 Provider? > >

Mach 2 did one in 1/72. Somewhat less than a wonderful kit.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Well, it's either that or the Airmodel vac.

Reply to
Frank May

God! What a revolting set of choices!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I concur. I built one last spring (one of several almost finished kits), and it was a bear to build. The piston engine mounts fit the wing perfectly, and it looks like the C-123 when finished. That is just about the only good things that I can say about the kit.

Wing halves were of different thickness - one wing made of thick plastic, the other almost paper thin. Fuselage halves were not warped, but I needed a lot of scrap plastic and superglue to fill parts of the top seam as well as other seams. The fuselage bottom was not flat as it should be, but concave. I had to cover the whole underside from behind the nosewheel all the way up to the tail with sheet plastic. Clear parts were less than perfect (but I used them anyway) and all small parts had very soft detail, to the point of being almost unrecognizable. Also, the kit is a definite tail-sitter, so I filled all areas between the cargo floor and the kit bottom in front of the main wheels, front halves of piston engine mounts, front halves of aux jet engines and the whole kit nose with lead shot.

I just wish that Italeri or some other decent manufacurer would have done it.

Reply to
Vesa Halme

Hi,

I'm sure that Magna do a resin kit in 1/72, plus a conversion set for the AC-123K.

Duncan

Reply to
DunxC

Does anyone know if there is a kit of the C 123 Provider?

I have a vac kit by White Eagle. Heck of a lot better than the old Airmodel kit and perhaps the Mach 2 kit as well. Comes with metal parts. As far as I know, White Eagle is out of business, but I picked mine up on ebay for about $25. Good luck

Bubba Moose