Re: Bickering makes this newsgroup hostile

It's amazing how simple topics go off in different directions and end

> in name calling and harsh words. > > This is the kind of bickering that ruins model railroad clubs. Little > clicks start and the next thing you know there is full fledged > bickering between club members. Usually the start of these arguements > have nothing to do with the hobby. > > I suppose it just proves we are all human. > > Jim

Ignore people who make trouble.

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

=>It's amazing how simple topics go off in different directions and end =>in name calling and harsh words.

Ignore the stupid/rude threads (and set your NG reader to download headers only, so you don't waste time waiting for stuff you don't want to downlaod.) Put the worst of the jerks in your kill file.

HTH&GL

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." Plato

Reply to
Terry Brancacio

Model Railroading Is Fun!

(Can I say that without paying a fee to Kalmbach?)

Jeff Sc. Service Mark, Ga.

Reply to
crosstie

"Terry Brancacio"

Hey, that Plato dude was right. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

What a wonderful life that would be. (Copyright, Sam Cooke)

We all agree on everything. Never a voice of dissention, never a conflicting opinion, never a difference of philosophy..............................

We all like the same things, we all do things the same way, we all have the same goals, we all achieve equally..................

Ladies and Gentlemen: Welcome to life in the Borg.

....................F>

If you are too young to know what the Borg is, ask and you will find out. If you don't know who Sam Cooke is........well......tough!.........F>

Reply to
Froggy

A difference of philosophy is fine. It is all in how you present it and react to someone else when they present their side. Name calling is not necessary. If you want a world of peace, start with yourself. Don't resort to name calling or making the argument personal. If someone calls you a name (other than what you have told them to call you) don't respond to the slur. Stick to the facts and don't demean the other person.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

I fully agree!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Wasn't meant as a personal response Brian. I was merely Pontificating in a general sort of way.

You are quite right about being civil. It is a difficult thing for some people to learn to do. But, we have to live with it. Is there anyone still here who remembers Gegg?

..............F>

Reply to
Froggy

I'm speechless ...............F>

Reply to
Froggy

Sorry. OK

Brian

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Froggy wrote:

........Airplane hanger indeed! Why, the tiny thing will fit completely inside one of my larger 747s........

...............F>

Reply to
Froggy

OH MAN!!! Not another shelf layout!?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

You got one in a 747? I used a streach 727. I like long, narrow layouts. We should start a new group. The "mile high club" No, I think that is taken.....

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I will check my spare parts box...

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Get a Super Guppy; wider and muti-level, too.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

True, but that's a different sort of 'turbulence', isn't it?

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

True, but that's a different sort of 'turbulence', isn't it?

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

True, but that's a different sort of 'turbulence', isn't it?

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Yeah, the wife really hates it when I lay on the horn after 9 PM.

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 E-mail is now open snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
JCunington