Model RailRoad shops in Munich

Hi,

Can someone please give me details on shops in Munich, Germany?

Specifically, I heard there are shops for used items. Does anyone know anything about that? I search in Google didn't help...

T.I.A

Uri

Reply to
Uri Sevilla

Hi

Look here:

If you don't have a map over the city, I suggest you get one - this is one big city.

There are 3 shops in the center of the town, that I know of:

Spielwaren Obletter Alexander's Modellbahnen - Another toyshop also on Sonnenstr.

But use the mao to plan your visits - the infrastructure is very good.

Got extra time? Visit the Hauptbahnhof and walk out on one of the platforms (the middle ones).

BR Bo Holmqvist

To contact me: Reply to this - correct the adress using this info: "Keep the image, but turn off the sound"

Reply to
Bo Holmqvist

'Obletter'.

There are cheaper alternatives. A "must" in Munich is Caesar Modellbahn on Orleansstr., close to S-Bahn station "Ostbahnhof". This is probably the best shop in Munich, both for prices and selection.

There is a shop (Modellbahn Lay) for used stuff only on Friedenheimer/Gotthardtstr. A taxi from Hauptbahnhof is going to cost around EUR 10, if you got a city map you can probably find it without a cab. There is a subway (U-Bahn) station close by, but I don't know its name right now. One station before you reach Laimer Platz. A nice selection of all scales, H0, TT, N, Z and smaller amounts of others. Not really cheap, but you can find and see/touch interesting stuff.

Another one is Modellbahn Braun on Landsbergerstr./Von-der-Pfordten Str. Not really cheap, nice selection, close to Lay.

There is one on Feldmochinger Str. 35, supposedly expensive and a bit out of the way.

Another one - mostly LGB is on Sendlinger Str.

Still another one is in Germering near Munich, close to the S-Bahn station (rapid transit). Called Hödl Modellbau. This one and Caesar have websites, which you should be able to find on

- if google.com does not list them.

If you only want to visit a single one, my pick would be Caesar. If you are specifically looking for used (which is selling only about 1/3 below the price of new stuff), try Lay.

Regards,

George Werner Pflaum

Reply to
Werner-G.Pflaum