Re: Eduard DVII question?

"Greg Heilers" wrote

> Stupid question. What is the difference between a Fokker DVII (OAW) vs >> the >> Fokker DVII(FOK) versions? > > Isn't it the different engines, and thus the different > cowl areas?

OAW will have different cowl, upper engine panels, radiator (maybe) and exhaust (maybe). It'll also have the handling grips on the rear fuselage mounted differently, and different lozenge application practice.

But perhaps an even stupider question: Why > the interest in the Eduard kit? Isn't the Dragon/DML > kit still obtainable, and isn't it an excellent kit, > even better than the Eduard kit?

No. It's occassionally available from the dusty back shelves or swap tables but hasn't been produced for years and isn't an OAW version. AND the tailfin is very undersized, rudder is misshapen and the fuselage also somewhat incorrect. That said, if you fix fin and rudder it isn't bad.

One thing it isn't by any judgemet though, is better than the Eduard kit.

The Roden kits are also much better than the old DML/Dragon but a little more work to build than the Eduard. OTOH and in my opinion they are also more accurate and have far better treatment of the wing surface than Eduard's thick rib tapes. Because I prefer the look of the wings, this is my choice of the available kits.

Shane (with two built and one unbuilt DML D.VII among the more recent kits)

Reply to
Shane Weier

"Bill Shatzer" wrote

Mostly true, though the small D shaped louvres were used only on mid-production OAW aircraft. Early and late builds had either a few vertical louvres, or a lot of vertical louvres!

There's also an extra triangular access panel at the rear of the main engine panels which is not on the Fokker builds IIRC

Shane

Reply to
Shane Weier

Reply to