Re: F-4S vs F-4B appearances

Hello to all you Phantom Phlashers out there. My Big E project is moving

> slowly. I'm going to order some Tamiya 1/350th scale Phantoms for the > flight deck. The kit says they are F-4S. I need F-4Bs. What changes > will I have to make to the S's to make them look like B's, ie, is the nose > longer > or shorter, etc. Remember, these are very small scales so I don't care > about the interiors. > Thanks > Jerry 47

Are not the wings entirely different ("B" - no bulges; "S" -with bulges)? And therefore the wider main gear tires on the "S"? And does not the "S" also have slatted wings?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

There are differences, but I don't know how much will be visible in 1/350 scale, or if Tamiya even correctly represented them in that small scale:

F-4B unslatted wings, F-4S slatted wings F-4B IR fairing under nose, F-4S no undernose fairing F-4B "thin" wing with flat gear doors, F-4S "thick" wing with bulges above and below the wing F-4B short exhaust cans, F-4S long exhaust cans.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams