Re: fibre optics for 1/192 ships

anyone does this or can point me to a source? thinking of adding nav lights,

> mastheads etc to a larg-scale ship.

You could try joining the Seaways Ship List (SSL), which is one of the Yahoo mail lists. It would be an excellent place to start.

As for fibre optics, locally it's cheaper ($12AUD) to buy an old Star Trek "Legendary Encounter" kit and steal the fibre optic stuff from it.

Reply to
The Raven

A cheaper source will be to go to one of those novelty shops that sell java lamps and other kitsch knickknacks. Look for a lamp with a sheaf of optic fibers that change colour as the colour disk inside the lamp body rotates. $20 to $30. Perhaps you may get lucky at Goodwill or at a garage sale.

Reply to
klmok

One very cheap source of fiber optics is to find the Oriental Trading Co. page, then order a box of those cheap plastic flashlights, single-AA sized, that have a spray of fiber optics coming out. I appear to be set for life fiberwise...

WInBear

Reply to
WinBear

Thanks for the link. Exactly what I need for a non modelling project. Any idea if 2mm fiber will pipe a laser pointer output?

Reply to
klmok