Re: Modeling flat tires

When I was a younger person the trick used to be to heat up a knife and gently press the wheel onto that to make the bulge. Obviously care needs to be taken to get them both the same!!

Or you can now buy resin versions for many kits.

Cheers Kev

Reply to
KEV OF BBA

You did know airplane modelers often push plastic tires against the bottom of a hot pan to flatten them? Might work with softer vinyl.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

i've heated a butter knife and pressed the tire down on it. not too hot or the plastic can stick. practice on some junkers.

I have a sealing iron. I press tire down onto hot iron.

I have also used a solder>

Reply to
Don Stauffer