Re: Need plastic rigging blocks for the Golden Hind

> Getting ready to start my winter project, Revell's "Golden Hind" to be > displayed on a water base underway with full sail set. I'm gonna need > a couple hundred additional rigging blocks to pull this off. If anyone has > sprues of Revell blocks from their 1/96 scale line of sailing ships, I'm > interested in buying them :-)
Reply to
Don Stauffer

John:

I suspect that unless there are a couple of really big snowfalls with you trapped in the house for long periods, that is gonna be a more than one winter project. :-) Others have suggested a good source for the blocks, I wish I could forward one for patience. Good luck! A well built sailing ship model is a real work of art.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

-----snip-----

Living in southeastern Georgia (US) a couple of really big snowfalls would make headline news on CNN !

Reply to
John Bonnett

I have gotten a bunch of sailing ship stuff from a friend. I have no idea what scale they are but there are definitely rigging blocks there. Also a couple of furled sails of vacform plastic. I'd be happy to send them your way if you're interested. I have no use for them.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yes! But at least you would get the model done. :-) On the other hand, I remember the big snowfall in Westminster, Maryland when I was working there, and all the pregnancies the following Spring, including one girl and her boyfriend who produced twins! :-), :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey