Re: Photo: New Japanese Flatop

"Hyuga", the largest escort vessel of Japan?s Maritime Self-Defense >Force fleet, was launched in Yokohama, August 23. Dubbed "helicopter >carrier", the ship can carry 11 helicopters and have four helicopters >taking off or landing at the same time. It will go into formal service >in 2009 and become a major vessel of the Japanese forces. > >

so it's a real ac carrier rather than a sawn of abomination. great, it's a proud name for the japanese navy.

Reply to
someone

I had a gentleman point out this link with decent design and photos, rather than that crappy Chinese page:

And no, its not an ac carrier, it is an LPH (or whatever HMS Ocean is too).

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

you arguing technicals with me? how's it going g? nice to see you around. everything all settled?

Reply to
someone

Self-Defense

Hehe, good to see you around! Settled indeed it is e. No more space problems. Broken PC disk still under recovery though. Should do some modeling. Looks like no-one wanted to swap, so I'm gonna buy a Monogram Kingfisher floatplane (Master series or whatever it was with photo-etch and so on), need to hammer that one together before October for our club meeting. Good fun ahead. You take care too!

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

great. cya.

Reply to