Re: PIPES & TOBACCO

"Dave Vermilyea" wrote

The Doc says I got to give up my pipes & tobacco, so everything must go!!

Quitting tobacco is the very best gift you can give yourself. Many congratulations to you and your courage.

But instead of selling the tobacco, the most conscientious step would be to flush it down the toilet so it doesn't slowly kill someone else. With two semesters spent dissecting human cadavers and observing surgeries, not to mention the intimate horror of watching two of my family die from tobacco-induced cancer, I've seen the appalling carnage and the puke-your-guts-out reality of tobacco use in glistening, scalpel-sharp detail.

No one should have to face dying that way.

Reply to
Nev

Amen! When I was 13 my first uncle passed away from cancer that started in his stomach and spread everywhere. He was a veteran chewer and it got him. By the end he resembled those pictures we've seen of death camp inmates.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I got clean of nicotine addiction in 1988. Two and half packs of Marlboros a day. Twenty years of driving cab and tending bar made it seem like it was just the way life was supposed to be. Thank God for my wife and her love for me. Thank God for my own love of life. Its tough, damn tough, but just get mad at your self and do it! I hope this at least reaches one smoker to take the first step. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Reply to
news4.bellatlantic.net

I used some for ground cover in a 1:35th diorama a few years ago. Was cheaper than using some of my wife's herbs and such. (healthier too, in more ways than one!)

The Old Timer

hey mike, are you me on a different day? 30 years of cab, courier, resturant management and i was a 5 pack a day smoker. i thought cigarettes would kill me. but lust took me to smoke enders in 88 and i quit. worse than drug addiction by far. congrats.

scalpel-sharp

congrats received and returned :-) I've heard guys who were strung out on smack (heroin) say that getting off of junk was easier than nicotine. I still have dreams where I find myself smoking, especially if the dream concerns driving, but in the real world(except for one weak monument on 9/11) I've been 'clean'. Kurt Vonnegut said: " Regardless of how rotten the day went, if I can say to myself, right before I go to sleep, " Well at least I didn't smoke..." then it wasn't such a bad day after all. :-) Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown