Re: The 4 most important sailing Ships?

Hi all

Actually they've raised the entire ship and built a museum around it.

Never been there myself but I've ben told it's worth a visit.

Lars Seifert-Thorsen Editor. IPMS-Denmark

Reply to
Lars Seifert-Thorsen

Yes

Martin

Reply to
Martin Sagara

Therefore it didn't have any sails :)

Reply to
Jeff C

it is. it's the worlds largest collection of secular wood carving. the ship is basically a billboard proclaiming the glory of gustav.

WOW! They sure were dedicated to do such a model in such a short time. I'll bet she's a beauty.

Reply to
John DeBoo

Wow! "It was 'Deja vu' all over again!" - Yogi Berra

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Well, the shop's owner wanted to have it built for display, so he had one of his employees dedicate full time to building it...

-- __________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke \_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru _H__/_/

'-_____|(

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying

Reply to
machf

This one did - I saw it myself on the screen, but an inverted B-29 with sail doesn't hardly count as important. Or does it?

Claus "Bassie Adriaensen" skrev i en meddelelse news:3f321556$1$137$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl...

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

From a British point of view, I'd include the Cutty Sark (international trade), HM Bark Endeavour (exploration), HMS Victory (military power), and Gipsy Moth IV (first successful solo round the world).

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

Actually, I think Slocum did it first in Spray...and that was about 60 or so years earlier.

Also as I recall from reading the book Gipsy Moth Around the World...he did not really think that much of the boat and had to spend much more time than usual repairing her.

Nat

Reply to
Richa5011

I did say 'from a British point of view'... meaning British ships and sailors. (Sir) Francis Chichester set several new records in his 1967 voyage.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

oops, wrong guy.

Well thats true. Brits do have a point of view you know. : ) :) :) :) (pause here) Hmm la la la (pause) dum de dum de dum. WELL they do.

Reply to
ARMDCAV