Re: Who Are All You Modelers???

I resent that remark. I don't have a basement... ;-p
Reply to
Al Superczynski

> hasn' been done in awhile...
>
> any kids posting here?
>
> any women here? I personally don't know any women who build/collect > models.
>
> or is it just a bunch of old farts filling their basements with stuff? >
> Craig
There is a lady up in your end of Californy who builds car models.
Even with neuropathy she builds better cars than I ever did. You can
find her stuff on E-bay under the name 'mustanggal', IIRC. Jackie is
her first name. More than that I wouldn't say.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
57 and trying to maintain equilibrium in the basement.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
No basement either. Just the 2nd floor of this old Victorian 'barn' since the last two kids left 10 yrs ago :-) -- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH
Reply to
Chuck Ryan
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in news:1148440744.828482.254270@ 38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
Hi All,
Dennis Loep, male, from Enschede in the east of the Netherlands, near the German border. 36yo, so no old fart (yet). I CAN feel like one sometimes, but most of the times I (like to) feel younger.
About 700+ 1/48 plane kits in storage. Plastic, resin, paper etc. Have built some 50 over the years. I live in a converted horse barn, so all the kits and work space is up in the insulated hay loft. No basement, but still space left!!
Have worked in a model shop, a lubricating oil/grease producer and am now working in civil construction, where I lead teams building concrete structures on, under and above ground. Like overpasses, parking garages, fly-overs, rail road bridges etc.
Cheers.
NEXT!!
Dennis
Reply to
Mechanical Menace
So whats wrong with being an old fart who makes models...thought it was part of the thing, train spotters have anoraks, we are old farts...well 46 actually
and yep..its the basement thats the modelling room/workshop, and like most modellers working in the space that you cannot swing a cat round in, never mind a 1/72nd B-52 (that might be why its now got its wings on yet)
Reply to
Glenn
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote in :
At 35, I sometimes feel like a kid when I'm at IPMS meetings (surrounded by old geezers)...
Reply to
Harro de Jong
a whole floor? my stuff lives in the second bedroom's closet. i would kill for a floor in a house. well, i'd kill roaches or rats, anyway.
"old farts filling their basements with stuff". Well I guess that pretty well describes me. Actually I just turned 68 and have been model building since I was about 8 or 9. I build models in the Fall and Winter and compete in black powder rifle competition in the Spring and Summer. Also Baltimore IPMS member.
Bill Shuey
snipped-for-privacy@earthl>
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Yep : )
Reply to
Jessie C
Not quite an old fart yet (I hope) at 46. Started modelling again about 5 years ago and have made 59 1/72 models in that time. I have about 145 kits in the stash in the garage (where my modelling is done). I share the garage with 2 cars and 2 dogs.
Cheers Ultan
Reply to
Ultan Rooney
Both 14x12 brms plus most of the walk-in attic. All this space and everything is still a mess :-)
-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH
Reply to
Chuck Ryan
=== Will turn #@%&* this November, and retired last November. However, I do not consider myself an OF. No basement here in Texas, so the stash is in the garage, some 300 models of which about 50 percent are in some state of completion.
There are two husband and wife teams in the club I belong to. They (the ladies) do build some very good contest quality models.
The wife and I share one of the bedrooms for her arts/crafts and my modeling. I am working on a mobile workbench so I can work on models and watch TV at once - or at least try - then roll it away when I am not working on models (will post some pics on abms when I get it completed - about another week).
Cheers,
Ray Austin, TX ===
Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman
"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net:
Always makes me think of one of my favorite artsist who came from Austin, Texas. Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Thank you for that.
Dennis
Reply to
Mechanical Menace
Hello
some 450 models..... in my bunker......
Greetings TDC The Bunker Collection 1965-2006
Reply to
TDC
Apparently I am unique --- have more built than in my stash.
Webmaster for our local club. Come on over and look around.
Reply to
Wildcat
Bill Hicks predicted that on Thu, 25 May 2006 04:31:47 GMT, "Ultan Rooney" would write:
My wife and I build, I'm 42 shes 21 (the second time around) ;> we have a 1000 sq ft trailer and we use the middle room. It's about 7x8 or so and we built two benches (had to assemble them in the room) on either wall and put up shelves above them. She does rockets and RCM planes I do the regular plastic models and love to spare part build. (not just kit bashing, I take anything I can find, spark plugs, old hard drive insides, mouthwash bottle, when she was in the hospital they let me take home her iv set, old primers, parts of her infusion set (she is a 32yr diabetic) etc and make stuff out of them. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else that dose what I call "spare part model building", just kit bashing, oh well. It dosen't take a lot of space to bulid and have fun.
Paul & Victoria Heisner Keep Buildin'!
Reply to
Paul & Victoria Heisner