Revell Instructions

further on the B-17 instruction request, here is the link to the list of Revell instructions.....has anyone scanned their massive collection of kit instructions to share?

any legal reasons why we can't do this?

Craig

crw59

someone

17 instruction request, here is the link to the list

there are a few box art groups on Yahoo, don't see how instructions would be any different....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

it depends on the definition. "art" has a whole can of worms about ownership and copyright. try emailing revell to get their ideas.

Reply to
someone

let me guess, you have them going back to hs?

Reply to
someone

I've been working on scanning all my sheets but I only have so much time. IIRC, I have scanned all the Hawk sheets I have. Revell has only had the surface scratched. Airfix has filled a zip disc so far but I have many more yet unscanned. Whilst selling kits, my emphasis was on doing the ones soon leaving. Thanks to E-bay my selling seems to have tanked so I may try to concentrate on doing a whole (paper) folder's contents.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

damn. pics? of eitjher? don't remember hubley, offhand.

Reply to
someone

well, there's some on fleabay and the boxes look familiar. if i never built one, i did see them somewhere.i think they were too much for my budget then, though i did tend to buy lots of cheap kits.

Reply to
someone

Eh, not quite that far back. I'd say late '60s is as far back as I can say I reliably have them. Car sheets will go back farther. IIRC, I have the original Hubley sheet for the Rolls-Royce saloon. I got that one for Christmas 1962. Someday I may finish up the restoration job on it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Strangely, most of the sheets that I have like that came in secondhandedly purchased kits. I must have been a born archivist.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

"Things are so tough now the new dollar bills have a picture of Washington borrowing money." - Ruth Buzzi, 1969

Reply to
Mad Modeller

let me guess, you had cool aunts and the standard issue bagosaurus aunts? i had a cool aunt. she taught me programming in the 60's on ibm mainframes. she worked for ibm and made major moola. retired when she was 55 with all kinds of stock and stuff. she invested in early pc companies and did quite well. i told her all i want is her car. it's a 67, but that's all i know. it's in dead storage and cocooned like a watson's whizzers ar 234. she said it's mine when she goes. so she'll outlive me by a century.

Reply to
someone

IIRC, they went for $1.98 when AMT's kits were $1.49. That was a big jump when you were a kid. Fortunately I had two aunts who worked at Hubleys and I accumulated several of the Ford wagons. A finished model could be scrapped because the paint had flaws. I assume a certain number of those were set aside for employees. Either that or my aunts absconded with them. >8-0

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

I had a couple of cool aunts. My mother's eldest sister lived to 96 and she was quite the jokester. She didn't work at Hubley's. The one who supplied the models was Mother's youngest sister. My cousin was the one to get me into car models. I think he had all the metal kits as well as the plastic American cars although Fords were not his thing. Back when we were kids his parents had a '53 Buick Special hardtop but it went as a trade-in on a '63 LeSabre. They had possession of it a week or two before the new models were officially out. That's gone too.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i would be happy with either.

Reply to
someone

I think I'd prefer the '53 as I learned to drive on a '55. The wheel on that thing was as big as a truck's but you felt you'd survive a crash with a brick wall.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller