Gunze Mr. Color ?

Living in the US I cant seem to find Gunze Sangyo Mr Color paints (The Lacquer Based versions) anywhere. HLJ offers Gundam Color and a few military colors but does not offer Mr Color as individual paints. Anyone know where I can purchase Mr Color paints?

Reply to
Matt-Man

There is really only one credible source for GS Mr. Color.

That would be;

In my opinion this stuff is the best model paint in the world. I have been using it now for something like 3-4 years and it just keeps pleasing me.

I order from R10, usually with a kit or two and using EMS shipping, I usually have my order within about 4-5 DAYS! I live in the Pacific NW so the travel time from Japan might be a bit shorter than say New York, but I can't get five day service out of anybody here in the US.

And the price, even with the most expensive shipping is usually a little bit less than a bottle of Model Master at the local hobby shop. If you choose to make the transition to Mr. Color, I would also suggest the Self Leveling (??) thinner.

R10 is not as big nor as sophisticated as HLJ, but they respond to inquiries quickly and in readable English. In about five years of ordering from them, probably on an average of every couple months, I have NEVER not received everything I order from their "in stock" list.

Again, try that with any other Internet site.

Norm

Reply to
Norm Filer

I have been using Mr. color lacquer paint for about a year. I can only praise them You mentioned Mr color leveller don't forget their retarder. If you do not use their retarder it dries before it hits your plastic an what I call angel hair appears at the tip of your air brush, 2ndly Mr color bottle are not full like other paints thats because the paint is so condensed. My mixture is 8 drops paint 7 drops thinner 3 drops retarder, I usually mix the paint in a thimble before pouring to my air brush. I spray at 15-20 pds air pressure and I am very satisfied with the results I purchase my mr color from rainbow 10 a store in japan but on the net.

Reply to
richgalindo

The leveling thinner already has retarder in it.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Norm is right, R10 is the fastest out of Japan.

Does anyone have a link to any Gunze instructions in English?

Keith Walker

Reply to
news.verizon.net

Yup: Thin. Spray. Let dry.