Revell Blue Angels F-4J

Was at the HL checking out the sale today and came across the "current" Revell Blue Angels F-4J. Is this the old Monogram kit, or a repackaging of the Hasegawa kit? If it's the latter, may need to pick one up.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Old Monogram

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

Sorry, it's the former.

Although the F-4J is a good kit, plenty of detail at a very ecent price, especially when compared to the Hasegawa kits.

Only drawback to the kit is that it's molded in the same blue plastic as the Blue Angel F-18, so some primer is in order if you want to paint it a different color.

Ken

Reply to
amplifone

Hope they added the exhausts from the C/D kit. The BA F-4Js didn't have the standard -J exhaust.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Guys, thanks for the info. That's kind of what I expected. I've got a couple of Monogram J's in the stash.I was just hoping I'd get a Hasegawa J for like 8 or 10 dollars. Dave,they may have changed the burner cans, but I doubt it.

Reply to
Don McIntyre

One thing I will say for this Blue Angels kit. It might be worth picking up at Hobby Lobby this week for 1/2 price just to get the Blue Angels book.

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

No dice, the kit is a straight repop of the F-4J, no new burner cans.

I have the Hasegawa F-4J Blue Angels kit, and it comes with 2 resin F-4C/D exhausts.

Ken

Reply to
amplifone