REVELL MONOGRAM 1/48 SWIFT BOAT MODEL

Didn't you guys see the pics I linked to? I don't care how much you beat on that sucker - it ain't gonna get up and walk.

The election's over. Both sides need to get over it...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

So perhaps one group will build their Kerry models as pristine unused (Reps) and the other banged up & used (Dems) and we can move on? John

Reply to
John DeBoo

Me, I'm glad it's back on the shelf. Maybe we'll get some resin for the interior, and nicer .50's and an over-and-under.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Al Superczynski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No but it sounds like it's gonna be funny so post the URL again.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Sigh. Poor old horse...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

Theodore Roosevelt, Kansas City "Star", May 7, 1918 Written when four of his sons were at the front.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Has not anyone reviewed the kit? I don't give a poop about the politics. I actually worked with Swiftees and Pibbers and they were great guys. No, the Swiftees did not go to Cambodia when I was there but the PBR's did routinely in

1972, all the way to Pnom Penh with me in tow! I actually had to rearm my helicopteron the deck of a riverine boat in Cambodia in June of 72. Never did that before or since. I would love to see a 35th Swift or good resin for the 48. If we talk about potics it will end up yelling at each other like my firend who really, really does not think OJ did it. Hell, my liberal ass wife is not that stupid! Hugh Mills non political type guy on the net but moderate hawk (who might just kill you) in person. Watch for flashbacks!
Reply to
HMills16

Probably not, that will be forthcoming, just like the rest of his military records that have yet to see the light of day. Anyway, I found it kinda funny that Revell Monogram would put his very limited tour of duty markings in with this model. Maybe someone will buy it and fill us in what it says in the instruction sheet of the history regarding why? It least it would make for a very quick read. Meanwhile, back to modeling.

Reply to
Mr Plastic

Ron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com:

Thing I noticed was in the few photos or movies I've seen the wheelhouse door is opened. I imagine to get a breeze in there to relieve the heat. Of course the kit doors are molded shut.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Ditto, it's still a good representation of the actual boat. I'm glad to see it out again too. I think someone like Verlinden has some 1/48 scale 50 cals

Reply to
Phil Campbell

Jesus, Tom, could you please give it a freakin rest?? I lurk around here to read about modeling, not OLD politics.

Mind you, I voted for Bush. I might give a short chuckle about the original Kerry crack, but it's not worth much else. I figure about the only people who deserve to still rag on him are the real vets, so I keep my mouth shut.

I might be slightly tempted to go off-topic and argue with you about this, but some of your posts clearly indicate your mind has already been sealed shut.

Right now I'd appreciate it if you'd just drop it. Don't give the other side an excuse to keep this going for another month. Ok? Please?

Hell, I d/led this thread to read about the Swift model. Which rem>So El Arbusto invading Iraq on a "feeling" doesn't bother you at all? Maybe

Reply to
Casey Tompkins

I don't suppose you have any nifty photos of the pibbers or swifts you could upload to a binary group, do you? {hopeful look}

Come to th>Has not anyone reviewed the kit? I don't give a poop about the politics. I

Reply to
Casey Tompkins

Talk to the creep who started it--the one who asked if it was molded in yellow.

I got it when it first came out, and a few years ago picked up another in the bag. Take a look here for "On" topic info:

Tom Cervo

Just because it is the only color that fit's John Kerry, why is that a problem to you ?

Reply to
AM

Is that the information you found here?:

I doubt it.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

The only good thing about AOL's recent censoring of this site was that I didn't have to read crap like this!

The Old Timer

Why don't you do a figure of W in his Air Force uniform? Be sure to put some white around the nostrils. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I don't think disloyal former comrades are particularly credible. Kind of stabbed themselves in the back by stabbing one of their own.

Gray Ghost wrote:

Reply to
old hoodoo