REVELL MONOGRAM 1/48 SWIFT BOAT MODEL

old hoodoo wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Disloyal to who? John Kerry or the truth and the other veterans slandered by Kerry?

How about you tell us what you think f a scumbag that comes home early with scratches and then publicly accuses his comrades of war crimes.

Disloyal my ass. Kerry should have been court martialed. The only thing that saved was the castrated attitude at the time.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I've still got that ten page post from factcheck.org that refutes those charges, if you've lost the original quote--or have you refuted that yet?

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Hey, I would rather hang out with a party animal, than one who is only out for self aggfrandizment, and a liar.................. (I bet he remembers that Christmas he spent on the border where he never was)

Reply to
AM

All you have to do is see him in his senate (?) speech where he compared American soldiers to Gingis Kahn. Wheras he also labeled himself as a war crimminal.

I know quite a few vets who did NONE of the things Kerry with his blanket statement accused them of doing.

But again, ya want to spupport a self admitted war crimminal so be it...................

Reply to
AM

"AM" wrote in news:YeqdndBCYIAG_G snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I've also known a few Vietnam vets who only did thier tour and came home. Even if we were to give him the benefit of the doubt as to having heard the allegations at an antiwar demonstration, what the Hell was he doing at an antiwar demonstratikon if he is so freaking proud of his service. And what kind of ass repeats such horrendous claims without any sort of confirmation. And even if such things did happen, they were hardly on the scale that the left through it's rhetoric and the fictional depictions in book and on screen would have us believe.

The items cited are not noteworthy. They identified a few incidents for which prosecutions occured. And then infer that many more occured. They are citing a few claims by a few researchers. I hardly believe that if it was as widespread as suggested that the left wing idealoges would somehow have missed it for the past 30 years.

In any case I stand by one very important point that has never been answered. What is in the military records that Kerry HAS NOT released? What is he hiding?

His service does not seem particularly meritorious, his "wounds" seem to be barely scratches blown out of proportion to make him look better than he was and he broke the faith when he came home by repeating stories of actions he did not see with his own eyes.

And what about the little confab he had with the North Vietnamese delegation in Paris? He is and was a useless waste of air.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Since he did that while still in uniform, wouldnt that make him eligable for porsecution ?

Reply to
AM

Which is why some of us would like to see his actual uncensored Military records. I suspect there was an attempt to have the bastard prosecuted and some of his friends in high places pulled strings to save his ass.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Re Hugh Mills and a 1/35th PCF.

R&J , on their website, has a local operation ooking at doing this and other Brown Water Navy craft. Me, I am all silly about the potential ATC(H) and the ASPB.

Give the politics a damn rest.

Full disclosure, I despise Kerry for his post Viet-Nam antics.That does not diminish whatever good he did do on the Boats.

The election is over,okay?

Reply to
dave

"William H. Shuey" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@starpower.net:

Precisely my point. Can't the Democrats find anyone who is not a philanderer or possible felon to run for Pres?

Maybe it's a campaign strategy. If everyone is so interested in the "character" issue maybe they won't look to hard at the actual positions on more important things.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

At least on this particular issue... ;)

Amen.

Yay!

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Keep your eye on Barack Obama...

Reply to
Al Superczynski
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Apparently, model glue not only fuses parts, but also minds - and in some cases hardens hearts. As an American, I am growing weary of these partisan political diatribes and am becoming embarrassed at this shameful, below the belt debate aired in such an inappropriate forum and manner. As a voter, I can speak for every other intelligent voter in the US, not one of us has ever changed our minds as a direct result of these ad hominem arguments. The only casualty I saw coming from either candidate's military service status is the death of meaningful dialog about the real issues of the campaign. Not a very good public display of democracy at work.

On the other hand, this thread has renewed my interest in buying and building this kit - in non-denominational, non-political party markings.

Kaliste Saloom IPMS#30703 Lafayette, LA USA

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

Let's not forget Kerry having his picture with the NVN "representatives" hanging in the chi-com war museum. That's just like having Hanoi Jane having her picture taken behind the vietcong AA gun. Meanwhile, back to modeling....

Reply to
Mr. Plastic
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

They wernt his medals...

Forget the news story, but it seems that he threw other vets medals over the fence not his. He still has them IIRC.

Reply to
AM