Scale model Bicycles

Hi does anyknow where I can get scale model bicycles. I want any type of bicycle

Reply to
jats

Couple of Japanese compaies made them a buncha years ago. Fujimi, maybe. Check Hobbylink Japan or ePay.

Reply to
The Old Man

Entex, IIRC, made a 1/10 or so Schwinn 10 speed in the early '70s. eBay.

Reply to
frank

These folks have several though they tend to be pricey.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

Academy racing bike:

Damian

PROTAR (Italy) used to have 1:9 scale series of racing bikes. Nice kits with plastic and diecast parts. I have one of those, but I'm not parting with it. I'm sure they're long out of production. But there always is eBay....

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Try posting a wanted ad on our site. There are a lot of bicycle collectors there who buy and sell scale models.

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles

OldRoads

Thank you for your help Julie

Reply to
jats

You did not mention a scale, but if you are interested in something as small as 1/35th scale, Hornet makes some really neat WWII bicycles and "mini(motor)-bikes." They are white metal and photo-etched-brass kits:

Greg Heilers

Some subjects to add to your search:

Otaki 1/6 Jr. Road Racer Series

No. 1 "Monza" No. 2 "Jarama"* No. 3 "Indy" No. 4 "Daytona"

(I have only the Jarama)

The instructions are completely in Japanese, but the line drawings are very good. Kit includes lots of chrome, its flash-free, has metal axles with nuts, and includes soft, solid rubber tires. The design is crude, as were the all steel bikes of that era.

When was it released? My guess is in the mid- to late-70s. This will probably be a tough find, as will its kin listed above.

FYI

Technoslick

Reply to
Technoslick