Shizuoka Hobby Show 2004

Boring boring boring, model companies are in the slumps in Japan, with the Chinese producing such cheap kits of all the popular subjects. So is Shizuoka going to be a complete flop?

Well, of course not, lots of clubs are present, leading to great exchange and the chance to view tons of excellent models. Even if you don't speak Japanese, modelers understand one another. Even the anal ones are welcome, flashlights, mirrors and all. There is a place for everyone.

That said, the news from the kit industry here really is dismal. Tamiya is set to release some Gundam.... bah :-)

Bandai is the only larger company doing really well at the moment.

Mind you, the 1/144 scale subjects are so well done these days, it opens up a whole new market to get people into modeling. And if they aren't attracted to models of military aircraft per se, well, there's always the lovely fantasy stuff mixed in, such as the 1/144 kits by SWEET which feature cute manga-style Japanese girls on the box, and a set of cute kittens as batmen and deck crew for the carrier deck features with their F4F, for instance.

The only positive news I have heard is that Hasegawa will likely release a next release in 1/32, following up their Fw190 A-8 and D-9 kits with Kurt Tank's Ta152 (C or H I know now).

I will be heading to Shizuoka on the 14th, stopping at Hamamatsu JASDF base to view the museum and the Zero fighter there, and then spending the 15th and 16th at the Hobby Show.

I hope to post some nice pictures when I get back.

Cheers, Gernot

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

gerny, please pick me up a pillow geisha that knows how to walk on spines.

First send money to the following account..... :-)

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

I'll walk on your back for a fee. ;-0

Spence

Reply to
Spencer

rolling up the pennies as we speak.

i can get ex's to walk all over me for free.

I hear some of those ex's would shoot you for free, too.

Reply to
Catbird

prolly

Just one here but she reminded me Saturday why I can't stand living with her.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Jeeze, guys, you are making me feel special.

As if Lynne isn't good enough supporting the hobby, etc., I havn't heard from my ex in years. :-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

can't stand my baby she's a real drag can't stand my baby want her in a bag

-rezillos

ah stuff a so......

For that you're only going to get a really really small one, and that could be illegal in some parts...

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

i have a lot of pennies.... and if all else fails, there's the wheat stash. (wheat pennies)

Meaning pennies from before 1958....

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

This is lost on me, but I assumed that they were worth quite a fair bit. I could probably send you a prefume-immersed stissue that used to belong to a geisha (I'll swear it wasn't mine). Or, to Mr. Tamiya :-)

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

most are worth 2 cents. some are worth $5000. i have collected them since...1958.