Quick note of news and model shows in Japan till May

Some news,

Just enjoyed a start-of-the-year party Saturday night with the model club, first time in 6 months. Lots of events coming up, including a big hobby show in Kansai area this month (UAMC in Kobe), plus the Shizuoka Hobby Show show in May -- this year, for the first time, no new clubs are invited to participate, as it seems the venue is getting too crowded.

Rumour news is that Fine Molds may release an Fw190 in 1/48th scale, and club members are pushing for FM to release their wonderful Me109s in 1/48th as well (without the camo stencils ).

Other than that, nobody likes Trumpeter.... the models don't fit in any of our houses :-) That said, the armour stuff is seen as really great, but prices for usual imported Trumpeter are too high to be comfortable.

I've cleaned up my room somewhat, despite still with some seemingly unsurmountable computer issues, so that I have space for yoga/chi-gung/dancing and modelling -- whatever body parts are ruined by one activity seem to be regenerated by the other, a happy medium.

Currently working on: Eduard 1/48 German W series WW1 floatplane Roden 1/72 version of same Pitroad 1/700 USS Lexington CV-2

Happy modeling!

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug