Model Shops in Japan

Does anyone know any good model shops in Sapporo, Naha, Iwakuni, Miyazaki, Nagoya, Tokyo or Mito catering for the 1:72 aircraft modeller?

Thanks, Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

Tokyo - Yellow Submarine right outside the Akiharbara Subway station. Use the "Electronic City Exit", look up to about the 5th or 7th floor and bear right across the street.

Ohio Gozaimasu,

Ken Lawrence

Reply to
KLawr63125

You might try the hobby section in Tokyu Hands department stores. There's one in Shibuya on the 6th floor. Not sure exactly what scales they carry but they've got a bunch of model kits there. Prices might not be the best though. There is a Tokyu Hands in Shinjuku as well as Ikebukuro.

-MB

Reply to
MonkeyBoy

Two places in Tokyo:

1) Sakuraya hobby in Shinjuku. It's kind of behind the Kinokuniya bookstore. From the Shinjuku station, I believe the exit is B7/B8 (can't remember, as I haven't been there in about a year).

They tend to carry the newer releases, but usually sell at 20% below the MSRP.

2) Yuzawaya in Kichijoji. I believe the station serves both the JR and Keio lines. The basement level has a "Toy Town", half of which is scale models (and it's a huge selection).

HTH, David Bono

Reply to
David Bono