slightly OT, well, actually probably very OT!

Hi Troops:

I have my agitator's hat on tonight. Lets have a poll on what is the stupidest show on TV. My vote is for "Wifeswap"!

:-) Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Not exactly a show, but more the response to an ad by our (Australian) Tourism - I have never seen so many tight arsed whinging sheilas bitch and carry on about "bloody" and "hell".

Reply to
Wayne

my vote is for american inventor a total waste of a potential good show

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

Not pointing to anyone inparticular, but the sad thing is how many folks have so little to do as to spend time in front of the tube watching crap like that. Now and again I watch "The Soup" on E (yeah, I know what you're thinking) which pokes fun at shows like that, and it amazes me at the proliferation of absolute mindless, bone numbing, lowest common denominator, CRAP being shown on TV. Makes me feel like a bonafide intellect building models in my shop.

Rusty White

Reply to
Rusty White

There's so much crap on TV that it'd be easier (and shorter) to list the worthwhile programs. I'm happy that "Out Of Practice" is back on and to make it better it kicked "Still Standing" off. I tried to like the last but the characters were just too pettily despicable. OOP has a lot of the same people in the background that worked on "Frasier".

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Wayne wrote

Sorry Wayne, but I'm on their side on that one. There's enough crude language about (and I use it more often than I should) without it being used as a way of promoting a great country.

RobG (The Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

"24", "Lost" , "Survivour" and any reality show. Give me a western or a good war movie anyday.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

The use of "Bloody" and "Hell" in Oz is _not_ crude.

It has been accepted as suitable for general usage in this country for well over a century, perhaps not in the parlour, but certainly on the veranda.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

the new dr who's ain't bad.

Any newscast with Geraldo Revira on it.

Pete

Reply to
thelaws

Reply to
John DeBoo

Fixed with two little words guys (for us yanks on here anyhow)....

Netflix

Okay, it's one.... two is twice as impressive though....

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

After years of declining interest,this season I've more or less given up on tv.I watch old movies on DVD and on rare occasions Nova and Secrets of the Dead on PBS.I don't even bother having cable. So to me the answer would be "All of the above"

Reply to
eyeball

Have they made it to this side of the Atlantic yet??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Sci Fi channel just bought the rights.

rich

Reply to
Rich

Reply to
Bradford Chaucer

scifi channel.

I'm going to go with an entire category of shows. The category that you will find celebrity gossip pandered about: Entertainment Tonight, Inside, Inside Edition, the E! Channel, etc.

Biggest waste of broadcast bandwidth in the US.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Jamie Gertz was easy on the eyes.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

24 and Monday Night Football is about all I tune in for on the broadcast networks, and even 24 hasn't been that good since Season 2. MNF is moving to ESPN so the prospects are dwindling even more.

On the cable/SAT channels, Battlestar Galactica and the Cable News are about it. Used to watch the History Channel quite a bit but I find myself covering familiar territory too much.

I'm definitely in support of the propsed "a la carte programming" legislation currently being considered. I could get by with about a half to a dozen channels and no more.

WmB

Reply to
WmB