SR-71 Blackbird

Perhaps A chatroom would be more suitable for this "one on one" discussion..

this is a rather slow way to have an in-depth conversation wouldn't you agree?

Reply to
spiff
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Have you thought about doing such a tandem-thing in 1/144th scale? The size would be much more manageable that way. The Revell KC-135, though it has its problems, is still buildable. Welsh Models, I believe, also make a nice one (vac-form). And I remember the LS 1/144th kit of the SR-71 to be pretty nice as well.

Reply to
Greg Heilers
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

I am only aware of the one, which I have/had under the LS label. It more than likely was put out under different names as well. It is probably out of production, but I am sure it is "gettable", as a Google on "LS 1/144 SR-71" turns up lots of hits.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

ARII bought the LS tooling and has reissued most of their 1/144 scale kits, including the SR-71.

-- MSG, USA (retired)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

It seems to be available, under the Arii name:

Greg Heilers

L-S for sure. Since they've dropped out of the kit business their moulds went to someone else. They may have released it but I'm a bit clueless here. L-S Blackbirds do show up on E-bay. That's how I got mine.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Possibly you are correct. However, I for one do not have the time to devote to sitting on my fundament and 'chatting' to someone else. This suits me just fine - I can download the messages while I'm doing the email and online research, then catch them up when I have a few minutes. Besides, how would we all get online together at the same time given the time zone differences?

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Yep, that's my ARII (ex LS) SR-71, in the process of being converted into an A

  1. It's a nice kit, with recessed panel lines. The canopy is not very good though, and I concluded that the forward fuselage is too long. I hope to build a nice desktop model from it!

Rob

Reply to
Rob de Bie

Suddenly I remembered the desktop snapper SR-71 from Monogram. IIRC it's in 1/110 scale.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

"Digital_Cowboy" skrev i en meddelelse news:Xns961E7DBA182D6nobodynobodycom@24.168.128.86...

That's what I can come up with.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

"spiff" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

I for one definatily disagree. Since I'm interested in the Blackbird and sitting in Denmark, I would be totally lost in a chat, due to the time difference.

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

"Digital_Cowboy" skrev i en meddelelse news:Xns961E7DBA182D6nobodynobodycom@24.168.128.86...

Well aware that this is not what you're asking for. Still I thought you would like it.

Uffe Bærentsen
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to