SR71 black bird question

Hello,

i built a SR71 years ago when i was a kid. i've lost it after several moves. so i started looking on ebay to find a replacement. i found out that there are actually 2 model kits of the plane.

testor and

academy(this is the one i built before).

can someone tell me the difference between these two? i prefer one that has more details.

much appreciated!

Jin

Reply to
Jin Y.

Check out this site.

It has a lot of information on the various kits. Some of the kits are available at the moment. No need to go to eBay to buy them.

There has been a lot of discussion about SR-71 kits on rec.models.scale over the years. You can search the rec.models.scale archives on Google using the address below. Just enter SR-71 as the search criteria.

Cheers Ultan

Reply to
Ultan Rooney

There are more than two. See

.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I have the 1/72 Italeri kit. What areas will I need to correct? At first glance it looks alright.

Al Superczynski wrote:

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

The cockpit canopies are a bit too narrow, there's a subtle bulge under the rear fuselage that shouldn't be there, and there are a couple of other minor shape errors. One of the webpages mentioned in this thread details all of the errors in all the available models.

IMHO, the Italeri kit is acceptable as is when it's on the shelf. Watch out for the fit of the second cockpit. Since you have a choice there, the fit is less than good and it takes some care to get it looking right. ISTR that the inflight refuelling recepticle is too far back as well, and it should be closed normally rather than open as moulded but don't take my word for it.

Reply to
Jeff C

Thanks for all the replies. Looking at these different kits, i still can't tell which one is better. i'll do some archive searching on google. thanks!

Jin

Reply to
Jin Y.