T-28D Question

I've been looking at the CollectAir 1/32 scale T-28B kit and am wondering how much work would be required to convert it to a Special Ops TAT-28D. I know about the need to add pylons and gun packs and probably removal of the tailhook. I also seem to remember something different about the canopy but am not sure anymore. Can I make an AT-28D from the CollectAir T-28B without too much trouble?

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Bill, Did a Google Search using "AT-28D" and came up with these:

HTH

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Same question for the old Monogram T-28 - anyone familiar with the kit know if it is worthwhile or even possible to make a COIN aircraft out of it?

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Why not? Monogram did. Look for the latest issue of the kit in the olde-fashioned blue box that came out a couple or 3 years ago.

Reply to
Jessie C

Which was a re-release of their earlier ('60s - '70s) T-28D

Jessie C wrote:

Reply to
frank

-snip-

Apparently.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

WOW!

[speechless]

Which one to build... which one to build... Much thanks - saved that page, definitely a keeper.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

frank

frank

If you're looking for details, try Mike West's Lonestar Models Site, this link should (hopefully) take you to his 1/48th conversions/details page. You may need to scroll down some to find the T-28 bits. I've never used any of his parts, but I'm tempted to order some and try them.

Again, hth,

Reply to
Don McIntyre

"T"AT was a typo. However I was under the impression the Special Ops version was an AT-28. Another friend corrected me on that yesterday

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Thanks Frank. The canopy was one of the areas I really didn't want to mess with if I didn't have to.

Reply to
Bill Woodier