Ta-152 colors

I'm trying to build Ta-152 FE-112. I've allways seen RLM 81,82 scheme but now someone told me that it should be RLM 82,83 as a result of restoration of this plane in Garber facility. Is this true?

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

According to the Monogram Close-Up (#24) 82/83/76 is *A* correct scheme. It looks like other Ta 152H might have had other schemes. 81/82/76 is described in one 1944 document, but might never have been applied. Most Ta 152H in photos appear to have fuselage-side mottling aginst a 76 background; the mottle colors might be 81 and 82. One caveat: It has never been clearly established as between 82 and 83 which is the brighter green and which the darker, but since they are usually used together, it shouldn't be a problem.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Reply to
Jeffery S. Harrison

That's my understanding. I've traditionally heard quoted that the "standard" scheme for the Ta152 was 81-83(or 82, whichever the author was calling the darker of the two greens--now generally accepted to be 83) over 76. During examination of the one at the Garber facility it's been said that there is no trace of 81 and that the greens were indeed 82 and 83.

Jeff IPMS something or other

Reply to
Jeffery S. Harrison

I just gotta know...what's a He 335?Sounds like Luft 46 time! I assume you meant Do335...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

U¿ytkownik "Mark Schynert" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news: snipped-for-privacy@news04.west.earthlink.net...

According to Czech publication "JaPo" on Me-109K, authors have 3 ORIGINAL samples of 80 series paints: brown, dark green(khaki) and middle green. The last one is signed "No 82" on reverse. Since there were aircraft factories and maintenace plants on Czech territory, it is very probable for me. Anyway thanks for info.

-- Greetings Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Dmitruk

darn...I was hoping for something new...like maybe the He335 was that secret German flying saucer they escaped to south america in :-Þ

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Oh come on....!!! Anyone with an ounce of historical knowledge knows full well that they escaped to South America in their experimental nuclear-powered submarine - the U-238.

The flying saucer only had the range to reach East Africa - where some of them still reside.

Andy

Reply to
Andyroo111