Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari F50 Giallo

Don't know if it's the right place for diecast questions but the kit I'm asking about is semi-built... I feel like getting a yellow Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari F50, but only if it's limited ed. Is it a limited edition item? Could it get reissued out of the blue several years later?

Seb

Reply to
Seb

Tamiya isn't known for "limited editions." Most main stream manufacturers that pop out LE wind up re-issuing a kit if it's got any sales potential. I rarely buy stuff because it's limited, I buy because I want it. If it turns out to be valuable later that's just icing on the cake. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I agree with not-buying-because-it's-rare but I got a second temptation as this item is on sale at HLJ... I assume also that anything with at least some handmade components is less likely to be reissued. Do diecast models sometimes have handmade parts?

Seb

Reply to
Seb

I've never seen one myself. I doubt it's likely and now that I've said that someone will appear with the exception. I was surprised to see resin components in Monograms' Me-110 kits. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper