Tamiya Spray Paint Question

I'm going to start on a Subaru Impreza WRC car and paint the thing with
Tamiya's Mica Blue from a spray can. This color looks somewhat
metallic so I'm wondering if it requires a silver or gold undercoat?
Normally I would apply an undercoat but have never used the Tamiya
sprays before and am not familiar with their coverage properties.
Thanks
Martin
Reply to
centennialofflight
could test spray on some scrap
Reply to
Shawn
It doesn't *require* an undercoat, but using an undercoat will change the appearance of the paint a bit. As another posted indicated, test it with and without an undercoat on some scrap and see which you like best.
Reply to
Larry Farrell
Well, DUH!!! Why didn't I think of doing this (oh yeah, because I'm too lazy)!
;^)
Thanks
Martin
Reply to
centennialofflight
When I did my Impreza, I used the Tamiya spray directly on the metallic blue plastic the kit was molded in, and it made a very nice deep blue color with just one coat.
Dave
Reply to
David Graf
krachenvogel@_spamtrap_gmail.com (David Graf) wrote in :
I did the same car and paint, and I agree. No undercoat necessary.
Reply to
Harro de Jong