Tamiya Spray Paint Question

I'm going to start on a Subaru Impreza WRC car and paint the thing with Tamiya's Mica Blue from a spray can. This color looks somewhat metallic so I'm wondering if it requires a silver or gold undercoat? Normally I would apply an undercoat but have never used the Tamiya sprays before and am not familiar with their coverage properties.

Thanks

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

could test spray on some scrap

Reply to
Shawn

It doesn't *require* an undercoat, but using an undercoat will change the appearance of the paint a bit. As another posted indicated, test it with and without an undercoat on some scrap and see which you like best.

Reply to
Larry Farrell

Well, DUH!!! Why didn't I think of doing this (oh yeah, because I'm too lazy)!

;^)

Thanks

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

When I did my Impreza, I used the Tamiya spray directly on the metallic blue plastic the kit was molded in, and it made a very nice deep blue color with just one coat.

Dave

Reply to
David Graf

krachenvogel@_spamtrap_gmail.com (David Graf) wrote in :

I did the same car and paint, and I agree. No undercoat necessary.

Reply to
Harro de Jong