Tamiya vs Hasegawa

They are sold at the hobby stores here, yes. Is HLJ not stocking them?

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

I have never dealt with them. Much prefer trading or purchasing from individuals.

I have the JAL Disney on Tour 747 and I'm looking for others.

Please let me know if you can help any.

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Sorry, I don't have any, and it's not worth buying one to send to you

- you can get a cheaper deal by paying with credit card at a regular retailer.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

OK.

Thanks anyway.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I preffer 5'2" brown eyed, 105 lb blonds.

I WILL settle for brunette, or darker hair, but the 5"2" brown eyed 105 pounds part is not neogotiable !!

Azzz1588

Ginger = Tamiya. Throw it together for quick satisfaction. Glitzy. Show it off to the boys at the pool hall.

Mary Ann = Hasegawa. Takes a little more time, but somehow just feels better. Take her home to the parents.

Reply to
Michael Stanley

Wait till you put a ring on their finger or they hit 35. Then the only thing not negotiable is the 5'2" part. Well that is until they start shrinking when they get really old, but you' ll be dead or wishing you were by then :-) DOH!

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Rght now I'm working on the 1/48 AV-8B II+ from Hasegawa. It is without a doubt the worst engineered modern kit I have encountered. The nose to fuselage junction, apparently engineered to allow multiple version of the AV-8 to be released, is terrible. The Monogram AV-8B by comparison is a model of simplicity. Between the fan, the nose and wing, I've done more fitting, gluing and refitting than a vacform. I've gotten eastern European short runs that go together better. Yes, the surface detail is finer, the fiddly bits more numerous and the finish is better, but what good is that covered in the putty that I'll probably need? All my Harriers in the future will be the simpler, more reliable Monogram release, and I'll never get another Hasegawa kit without reading a detailed review.

Reply to
Tom Cervo

nd I'll never get another Hasegawa kit without reading a detailed

As mentioned... "It depends on the kit." Go to the other extreme and try one of Hasegawa's ME-109s. Careful opening the box, or it might assemble itself.

Reply to
EGMcCann