Testor Mighty Mini any good?

The reason I'm asking is because I just got one (impulse buy, I was out to get dog food). Kinda backwards, I know, to ask now if it's any good.

The reason I got it was because my children are starting to show an interest in modeling, especially the oldest (age 12). They've got some models (planes, cars and ships) they received for Christmas and never opened, but now that summer's here they're looking for something different. I built a lot of models as a kid but that was 30 years ago, and when I did brush paint them it didn't come out well. So that's kinda how this thing ended up in my shopping cart.

So, what will this particular airbrush be good for? What will it not be good for? Any tips on kids and airbrushes? I'm attracted to the idea of water-based paints, but are they OK, or should we use solvent-based paints? Many thanks for any advice!

Reply to
Mike Silva