Translation request Japanese->English

Hello everybody. I recently picked up a wonderful kit of a very obscure subject. Honda Motocompo Mini Bike. Before finding the kit I didn't even know about existence of the real bike or the kit.

While searching the web did result in finding some good reference photos of the real bike, the kit's instructions are in Japanese only.

In order to build the model I would feel better if I understood the comments in the building instructions. I think that they describe some important details and/or colors.

If anybody here knows Japanese and could take a peek at the instructions:

would really appreciate that.

Basically I feel that I probably just need translation of all the building steps text (step 1-6). I don't think I need the title page or spare parts list translated. But the decal layout does seem to have some instructions too.

TIA, Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Since I had no volunteers the first time, I decided to bump this post.

Anyone?

TIA, Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

If the translation is simple enough, you can try with babelfish.altavista.com It allows to understand at least the general sense of a Japanese text written with standard Japanese characters (Kanjii or Katakana, I don't remember which of them).

Reply to
Luca Beato

Nice try, but the text I need to translate is in a JPG format. It is just a bitmap. You can't plug that into babelfish.

I was hoping that someone like Gernot Hassenpflug might be able to help out. I think I need a human translator. :-)

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Damn, caught! I wasn't volunteering because I don't model cars and therefore thought I'd let someone else do that. But since you've invoked me, you bastard... :-) Send me the JPG, email in the header (below 5MB and it'll arrive OK). Hope it's not urgent and/or not very much, as I can probably only finish by weekend.

Cheers, Gernot

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

But this is not a car - it is a very odd looking mini-bike. Only 2 wheels... :-)

The JPG location was posted in my original message. It is

As far as timing goes, take your time. I probably won't get to building it for a year or so. I'm just gathering my research material (it is half the fun of this hobby).

I'm not quite sure how you'll handle this. Will you be able to edit the JPG and replace Japanese with English? Or will you just do it as a separate text file which just gives English translations and descriptions of where in the instructions they belong?

Either way, it'll work for me!

Thanks Gernot! I'll owe you one...

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Hello Peter, Got your mail, and the image... will work on it slowly. Cheers, Gernot

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Thank you Dr. Hassenpflug !

BTW, I just took it and my Nerd score is

:-)

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.