Translation Please?

I haven't posted for awhile, and I need some help. Awhile back I bought a "Savoia Marchetti S.55 X" kit (1/72) by Delta2(?), an Italian firm. I'm not ready to build it yet. Haven't built a model in yeeeaars...Anyway, the instructions are in Italian, and I can't seem to find the manufacturer doing a Google search. Are they out of business? Short of buying an Italian/English dictionary, does anyone know where I can find an English translation?

Right now I have a Tamiya Quad Gun Tractor, 1/35 (instructions in Japanese, naturally. But I'm going through their 800 number to see if I can get the English sheet). Somewhere around here is the matching 25 pound gun and limber, same scale. A Blue Devil Destroyer, and a 1/72 AMT Flying Wing, X/YB-35. Obviously, the bigger kits will wait till the skills build up. Thinking of starting the tractor first, and working my way up.

If anyone can point me to those English instructions, it would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Eric (Approx 38N x 122W)

Reply to
Eric Ferguson

"Eric Ferguson" wrote in news:p7hOb.25585$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com:

I found the altavista babelfish site useful when I was in Italy a few years back.

It usually does a fair job of translating.

You'll have to try it a sentence at a time.

The trouble with these translation services is that they often miss some words if they are in a weird case or something. In this case you'll need at least an understanding of some of the word constructs but you can usually get the gist with the rest of the words.

You could also try a some of the other translation sites on the web - comparing them might give you a better reconstruction.

Reply to
Peter Baxter

Ciao Eric, about Delta 2, I think it is out of businnes now. It was a small firm run by people that had a shop. Probably they stop their businnes when they sale their shop.

About translation, if you use a translator, like Altavista babelfish, I can help you verifing the translation. Sorry for not translate Italian instruction, but I am a little busy now, an I am not able to say you when I can translate them. If you want to conctact me, please remove NOSPAM form email.

Ciao, Rodolfo.

Reply to
Rodolfo

Hi everybody!

I'm new here, so it is fai that I spend a word or two about myself. I'm an Italian after-boy (!!!) who was involved with modeling (racing cars) in his teens/twenties (I'm almost 43 now) with poor results, but I'm still curious.

I'd like to point out that my past experience with altavista/babelfish gave me an impression of "unwanted humour". When we talk about assembling instrucions, where accuracy is everything, my spine just shivers when thinking about the possible output, given the fact that sometimes even the Manufacturer's translations of the assembly sheets are misleading, so that it is not a case where "a little is better than nothing"

IMVVVVVHO,

SNAFU

Reply to
SNAFU